I've been wanting to make another Valentine's Day quilt for awhile but nothing caught my eye - I decided to pop some hearts inside Ohio Star blocks & the Ohio is for Lovers quilt was born!
The pattern is "on point", which means the blocks are sideways and you assemble them in diagonal rows.
There is sashing to set them apart a little more & triangles at the end of the rows to square them up.
On point quilts can be a bit tricky to tackle your first time or two, but just make sure to keep the diagram handy & pay attention to your block orientation and you'll be fine!!
This pattern currently only has one size, but it does include plenty of diagrams & a colouring page!
Ohio is for Lovers is suitable for confident beginners & intermediate quilters. It uses lots of different techniques (a tiny bit of foundation paper piecing, assembling hour glass blocks out of triangles, on point assembly & four a time flying geese!) for a fantastic finish.
It is suitable for scraps or yardage - see image files for one of each, as well as some extra mock ups & the fabric requirements!
**for the month of March, all proceeds from the sale of this pattern will be donated to CARE.org who is assisting with an "immediate crisis response aims to reach 4 million. [Donations] rush urgently needed water, food, hygiene kits, and ongoing support in Ukraine."
Notes about the pattern:
- A confident beginner, scrap or yardage pattern, written & designed by Stephanie of Hillside Stitches, LLC.
- Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; I accept no responsibility for errors or omissions but welcomes suggestions for future patterns.
- If you do find any inconsistencies, please let me know via email or direct message.
Notes about the PDF:
- This is a DIGITAL download. No physical copies of anything (pattern, coffee, plant, quilt, etc) will be shipped to you.
- The PDF is an instant download after checkout.
- PDF can be viewed on your device or printed as 8.5inx11in.
- Limited number of downloads, so please save to your preferred device.
- Pattern is for one person only.
- Do not copy, sell or distribute this pattern without written consent.
License to sell: You may sell the items you have made using this pattern as a small independent seller. Please credit the pattern as Hillside Stitches.