I am sure most of you have overflowing scrap bins, just like I do. I delight in using small bits of fabric from past projects & when I first started I was AMAZED at the size of some people's scrap baskets! But the majority of my stash IS scrap.... so
The Scrap Sampler pattern was designed using eight different blocks and has a layout that you can play with!
There is a suggested layout which has each block only used once per row, but if you prefer to mix & match, you can put your blocks wherever you please.
This one is good for any 2 1/2" - 10 1/2" pieces you've saved!
Alternately, you can use fat quarters or yardage for a more coordinated look.
The pattern is written with two sets of instructions - one for using All Scraps and another for using Background Fabric.
I've also included a mock up that uses two colours (one for "scrap" and one for "background". If you've got as many scraps as I do, this would be a fun way to play with using up even more of them!)
See images for fabric requirements - there are directions for three sizes, but feel free to add or remove blocks to make the quilt your preferred size!
In addition to having three sizes plotted out for you, there are tips, tricks & side notes included. There's an endless number of colour combinations to try!
Notes about the pattern:
- A beginner friendly pattern, written & designed by Stephanie of Hillside Stitches, LLC.
- Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; I accept no responsibility for errors or omissions but welcomes suggestions for future patterns.
- If you do find any inconsistencies, please let me know via email or direct message.
Notes about the PDF:
- This is a DIGITAL download. No physical copies of anything (pattern, roses, quilt, or coffee) will be shipped to you.
- The PDF is an instant download after checkout.
- PDF can be viewed on your device or printed as 8.5inx11in.
- Limited number of downloads, so please save to your preferred device.
- Pattern is for one person only.
- Do not copy, sell or distribute this pattern without written consent.
License to sell: You may sell the items you have made using this pattern as a small independent seller. Please credit the pattern as Hillside Stitches.