The lawn has frosted every day for the last week here. We have had decent temperatures in the afternoon & are soaking up the last warm days of the year.
This year I have been posting my monthly stats here (but you can check out old stats where I typically posted them for previous years).
You can snag your own copy of this checklist by clicking here
Quilts Started - 2
Tops Made - 3
Quilts Quilted - 3
Bound & Photographed - 3
Total finishes for the year: 27
Patterns Released - Fallen Leaves
Donations Made - $17
Every month I donate a portion of my pattern sales to a different organization. I chose the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
During October I finished up two quilts that I started in September - my Hundred Acre Scrap and Fallen Leaves.
Both patterns are available in my pattern shop.
I changed up the Hundred Acre Scrap a bit, adding two extra borders to use up some more of the jelly roll I chose to work from.
This one took about a week & half to make and I really enjoy the fact that it is very different than my usual fabric choices.
I have a post about it with more info & images here
Fallen Leaves is my newest pattern, utilizing paper piecing to create some fun blocks.
I really like quilts with some negative space lately, so like with my Strawberry quilt I added some blank blocks in between some of the leaves.
I have a blog post up with more info & images about the process on this one here
The last quilt I started (and finished yesterday!) is the Ghost Party quilt by woolly petals
There are three different ghost types and some paper pieced stars in the pattern but I opted to keep the quilt as quick & simple as possible.
I choose my favorite ghost from the lineup, BOOne, and made nine of him (with three facing the other way) and appliqued a mouth on the center one.
All of the fabrics used are from my stash - there is no more than 8 of each print.... and most of them only have one or two of each one, since I went through my scrap buckets for the entire quilt!
I did buy the backing (Ruby Star Society pumpkins) and binding.
I also started one more quilt but I've managed to cut it so far.
It will be my next pattern, releasing in December!